- The Stacey and Bo Porter SELF Foundation was established in 2012 by Former MLB Manager Bo Porter and his wife, Stacey. The Porters have been involved in mentoring and coaching young student-athletes since their days at the University of Iowa. Both were standout students and athletes… Bo has made his career in professional baseball, first as a player, then as a coach, and as a manager. He and Stacey are deeply committed to giving back to the community, using their personal life stories as examples to inspire and instruct young people. They are committed to impacting the lives of people from all walks of life.
- Over the past ten years, Bo has developed and refined a strong model for strengthening young people’s athletic skills, dedication to academics, and character through programs offered after school, during holiday breaks, and over the summer in Houston. Bo’s Houston base program has assisted and witnessed over 100 student-athletes receiving college scholarships in both athletics and academics. Many of those student-athletics have graduated from college and are now highly productive first-class citizens in our community. The program also produced several professional baseball players as well.
- Bo and Stacey has also reached out to the communities in which Bo has coached – in Houston, Arizona, Florida, and Washington, D.C. – to underserved children, exposing them to professional baseball players as examples of the way hard work and discipline can change a person’s life. Now Bo and Stacey are building on that experience and success by launching the Stacey and Bo Porter SELF Foundation to formalize these programs and expand them so they can serve more people.
- The Stacey and Bo Porter SELF Foundation (Sports, Education, Life-Skills and Faith) provides and support programs that are dedicated to improving and impacting the lives of others. An emphasis on our youth, fitness, education, physical health and spiritual enrichment programs are important building blocks for the Foundation’s Mission of maturing the whole person physically, intellectually, and spiritually. We pledge our full efforts to provide and support the finest programs to improve and enhance the overall success of our community.
- The Stacey and Bo Porter SELF Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization. With profits gained from in-kind donations, charity events, fundraisers and sponsorships. Our programs will ensure that the Foundations’ Mission of maturing the whole person physically, intellectually, and spiritually can be sustained in our communities.